Every child in the world will belong to a home, family and community where they are safe and loved, go to school, have a good diet and health care and know that God loves them.
OHFI bases its mission on its vision
- – Children everywhere will enjoy their God-given right to belong to a family where they know they are precious, safe and loved. Families, especially poor and broken families, will be surrounded by a network of love which will empower them to develop strong and nurturing relationships with their children. Wherever possible children will grow with their own immediate or wider family where there is commitment to their nurture, security and wellbeing.
– Children not able to live within their own family networks will be found a committed and loving family with a non-relative family, while still maintaining links with their family of origin.
– Children will receive health care, which ensures their physical, emotional and mental wellbeing, and an education, which enables their potential and giftedness to flower as they grow into adulthood.
Children will be proud of their cultural inheritance and able to fully participate within it, especially being fluent in their oral and written language.
– Children will grow in the love of God as reflected in the lives and teachings of those who care for them, so they know in the depth of their being they are loved by God and His people.
– Children will be proud of who they are and able to stand tall in their families, in their culture, in their communities, in God.