Where and how we work
Open Home Foundation International operates in India, Romania, Uganda, Zambia and Rwanda. Local people direct the work in each country supported by OHFI. We provide support through prayer, finance, education and ongoing contact.
- – We pray for children, their guardians and their communities and for all who work with them.
– We plan, and help implement, programmes with local organizations and their communities that will benefit their vulnerable and needy children.
– We provide training in family relationships, parenting, life skills and income-generation projects.
– Financially we sponsor projects that benefit needy children, their families and the communities.
– We phone, email, and visit local organizations and their communities seeking always to partner with them in love for the sake of their children.
– Above all OHFI stands with local people and their communities encouraging and empowering them in the provision of family care for children and especially for their impoverished, neglected and abused children.
Personal testimony: David Kipgen
This is the story of a young man who came into the care of Open Home Foundation in Manipur. The uncle Athang referred to is Athang Touthang who is the Director of Open Home Foundation North East India.
I am glad to write this few lines about my testimony. I was brought up in a remote area and from a poor family. Both my parents were unemployed, their main occupation was agriculture, and I had two brothers. Though we are poor we live with peaceful and happy family, they really bring up us in the spiritual realm.
In the year 1994 we faced a big problem in our family, my younger brother was led by evil spirit, we tried to cure his problem by every means in the village but he was not better. That is why we with my family took him to Kangpokpi civil Hospital (22 miles from my village Selsi). After reaching the hospital his condition was not better so my father requested my mother to come up in the hospital. On the following day my mother and my second brother left home for hospital.
Unfortunately on the way some underground cadres ambushed the bus on which they were travelling. On that very day my mother and my brother were shot dead on that spot, It was during the ethnic clashes between Nagas and Kukis. On the other hand, my brother who was hospitalised passed away the next day. So it was a great pain for father and me too since all my family have passed away, we spend the years with great sorrow and pain.
In the year 1995, I went to Kangpokpi and joined the OHF Ministry with the support from uncle Athang and aunty Marian Touthang. With all my hardships and problems I continued my study. I was eager to pass my class ten examination in March 2003 but just before one month of the examination, my father expired. Again, it was a great problem to me, which made my morale down but I continued my life and I also appeared for the examination. God has been so faithful to me.
After completion of my 12th standard I am doing my degree course at Scottish Church College in Calcutta under the love and care of OHF India. At present I am pursuing my BA II year.
I really thank God for helping me in joining OHF ministry in which I really get blessings and I could come up to this stage. I used to pray for the ministry development. Please continue to pray for my study and for my future. May God richly bless the ministry.